Water Treatment Equipment Technician
Location: Vancouver, BC / Port Coquitlam, BC
A person in this entry level position will have the opportunity to participate in the following:
- Scheduled delivery and servicing of process water treatment equipment, carbon and DI media exchange tanks at various locations on a customer requested basis.
- Occasional on-call twenty-four (24) hour emergency delivery and servicing of process water treatment equipment at various locations on a customer (primarily Hospitals) urgent need basis.
- Train to provide basic Preventative Maintenance and Servicing of process water treatment equipment.
- Learn to assist with the installation of Technically Advanced Water Treatment Equipment. This may involve travel to various locations, installations of equipment and connections to site utilities.
- The opportunity to diagnose and document issues and propose solutions and or recommendations to revise procedures.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Detailed and Systematic – Limiting call backs and providing paperwork for billing.
- The ability to learn basic install and service skills for Advanced Water Treatment Equipment or basic plumbing experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to move large cylinders safely (heavy lifting).
- An ability to follow Safe Work Practices and Company Procedures and Policies.
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office basic skills.
- The ability to advance in the position to more responsibility.
- Highway Driving Skills.
- Delivery Drivers and General Laborers
- 1st Year Apprentice Plumbers
- Water Treatment Equipment Installers
- Entry Level Technicians
- Availability for scheduled evening and weekend work is a condition of hire.
- Availability for after-hours emergency call outs is a condition of hire.
- Regular short-term travel (typically up to one week, including weekends in Western Canada) to service locations is a condition of hire and will occur on an as needed, short notice basis.
- Alcohol and drug testing are required on some sites and is required on request by the customer.
- Must be bondable, a Police report will be required as a condition of hire.
- Drivers Abstract is required and confirmation of insurability is a condition of hire.
- Must meet the criteria for Healthcare Industry Representative (HCIR) credentialing.
Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour
Health Authority and HCIR standards are required to be met.
The CWT Benefit:
- Training to advance in this position – Learn to troubleshoot and provide technical expertise on a wide range of Water Treatment Equipment.
- Family oriented business, tightly knit, working closely together.
- Personal responsibility, everyone has a voice, you can help improve CWT.
- Canadian owned, from design to assembly to commissioning, 100% Canadian.
- Non-Traditional, Flexible Benefit Program – A Health Spending account allows for flexibility in allocating benefit dollars with an effective Insurance program
Interested applicants, please apply online with resume, a cover letter with hourly wage expectations, what interests you about the position and what you are looking for in an employer. Please Note: "No Applications Will Be Accepted Without A Complete Cover Letter"